Will Laser Get Rid of "Permanent Brow Liner Tattoo"?

I had my brows done 3 mths ago, they were tattooed higher than my natural sparse and narrow brows, the left one looks good-I think it opens up my face, but the right one is higher than the left and is asymmetrical and makes my face look angry. I have seen the tattooist's before and afters and they all looked good. I know that ppl are asymmetrical but this just makes it so much more obvious now:/, even though its a light natural colour.If the laser does get rid of brows, what is another solution?

Eyebrow Tattoo Removal

+1

Laser tattoo treatment is the only predictable/effective treatment modality for permanent eyebrow tattoo removal. I generally recommend a small trial area to be treated with laser to make sure the laser and ink do not react ( oxidize) and result in a darker color.

Yes lasers can remove permanent makeup

+1

Yes laser tattoo removal can remove permanent makeup, just make sure you go to an expert as this area is close to the eye

Brian Dubow, MD

Permanent makeup removal must be done with care

+1

Q-switched Nd:Yag lasers such as Lutronic Spectra laser or Hoya Conbio RevLite or Medlite C6 would be the gold standards for tattoo removal or permanent makeup removal. Ink pigments are then broken apart by the laser energy and taken up by scavenger cells of the immune system. Test treatment must be done in case zinc oxide is used as the affected area may turn darker after laser treatment. Seek out a board-certified dermatologist experienced with tattoo laser would be the best best.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Make Up Removal Risky

+1

Q-Switched lasers can remove tattoo ink by shattering the ink droplets into smaller fragments that you immune system will gobble up and get rid of.  The risk with treatment "permanent" make up tattoos is that some of the inks used can actually turn black when the laser hits it and the tattoo will look worse.  I would find someone with a lot of experience and perform a small test spot that could be removed surgically if it turns black.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you get rid of tattooed eyebrows?

+1

Depending on the color of the pigment, this can occasionally be done. If the color is closer to black then I think your chances for success are greater. If it is brown, or lighter there is always a chance that the ink can oxidize with treatment and actually become darker. Additionally, it may effect the hair follicles and you may lose hair permanently. I would recommend a test spot to see how your tattoo responds.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Laser tattoo removal without eyebrow loss

+1

Laser removal of tattoos, including permanent makeup, is usually done with a q-switched laser that makes the pigment shatter into tiny particles that are then engulfed by cells in the skin's immune system and the tattoo fades. Hair growth is stopped by using non-q-switched lasers as the heat needs to build up in the follicle for the laser to be effective. See an expert laser physician in consultation to determine if it is safe for you to have such treatment of the unwanted permanent makeup.

Ronald Shelton, MD