Laser Rhinoplasty

A local doctor offers "Laser Rhinoplasty". Is this only designed for lasering off growths or thickened skin, or is it a procedure that makes surgery less invasive?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Stay away

+1

I agree with Dr. Aldea.  This surgeon or doctor has come up with a marketing plan rather than a new procedure.  Lasers can be used to treat Rhinophyma's or scars on the nose but that is a whole other situation and has nothing to do with rhinoplasty. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser rhinoplasty

+1

Laser rhinoplasty is usually only used for rhinophyma. It is not used to make the incisions on the internal portion of the nose. 

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Laser Rhinoplasty

+1

Obviously, incisions are made when doing rhinoplasty surgery. A small number of surgeons prefer to use a laser rather than a scapel. This is just the surgeon's choice of instruments; I personally don't feel there is any advantage or disadvantage.  .  

Laser Rhinoplasty is specific technique for select patients with Rhinophyma

+1

Lasers are everywhere, including cosmetic surgery. However, lasers are generally NOT used in rhinoplasty. Only one condition, rhinophyma, may benefit from laser rhinoplasty. This is a specific condition and treatment, and does not apply to a majority of rhinoplasty candidates. Local plastic surgeons offering laser rhinoplasty may be either specializing in rhinophyma, or alternatively using the term "laser rhinoplasty" as a marketing tool for hype and advertising. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to perform a comprehensive evaluation and to determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Rhinoplasty? Me Thinks Not

+1

Hi,

A laser is a tool....not commonly used in rhinoplasty.  In this case the "laser" is being used to get into patient's pocketbooks.  Consult with skilled and experienced rhinoplasty specialists that you can trust.  Choose your surgeon most carefully, not based on gimmicks.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Laser rhinoplasty

+1

Laser rhinoplasty?  Sounds like a nice name for a good marketing tool to get patients in the office.  Caveat emptor..( buyer beware!)

Rhinoplasty alters all views of the nose.

+1

A laser is not an instrument one uses in rhinoplasty. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Laser rhinoplasty is best avoided

+1

Often in cosmetic surgery new ideas, and instruments have helped provide safe results, however there is little benefit from the use of laser in rhinoplasty. It is probably best to steer clear of any type of laser rhinoplasty surgery.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Laser marketing scams

+1

Personally, I would be very concerned about a physician who feels the need to use marketing hype, rather than good results and happy patients, to promote his/her practice.  There is absolutely no benefit of a laser in rhinoplasty surgery, (nor most other surgeries for that matter).

Lasers are tools

+1

I have been doing noses for over 35 years and teach at my institution, I know of no reason to use a laser in doing a rhinoplasty. It is only used for hype and advertising.