What Laser Resurfacing Would Best Work for Me?

I know i have posted a few weeks ago, about getting co2 laser resurfacing for my face and most of you suggested i get co2 for my problem (e.g. acne scars, bulbous looking nose on one side of nose, hyperpigmentation, dark uneven skin tan). i would also like to know if this co2 laser can be used for your neck, lower arms, and lower legs for dark uneven skin tan i have gotten or hyperpigmentation. Also in all how much would be the price range for all these areas together e.g. face, neck, lower arms and legs

Best choice for laser resurfacing, acne scarring

+1

Microablative Fractionated  CO2 laser is the treatment of choice for your skin condition. The laser will need to be adjusted if your skin is thin or atrophic.  Some patients need to be pre-treated to prevent PIH.

Laser resurfacing for neck, arms and other areas besides the face

+1

You can laser resurface other areas but you have to be more conservative. I would go to someone with some experience doing the rest of the body.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing

+1

I use the fractional co2 laser quite frequently and have found it useful for the face and body. Make sure to prep your skin prior to treatment with topical skin lighteners. I advocate the Melarase creams prior to and after fractional co2. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

CO2 on neck and arms

+1

Good afternoon

CO2 is only useful on skin areas that have a lot of oil glands that are critical  to the healing process.  Using a CO2 laser on areas such as the neck with a paucity of these glands is a recipe for disaster.

Be sure you are being treated by a physician with a lot of experience in laser resurfacing to avoid complications.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD