Which Laser Resurfacing is Best for Pore Size Reduction, Acne and Fine Line Reduction for Woman in Her Early 30s? (photo)

I would like advice on which laser resurfacing therapy would be suitable for me.I am a 31 year old Caucasian woman with oily skin prone to acne on the tzone & cheek areas, enlarged pores, minor acne scar denting on the cheeks, fine lines. can you suggest the best treatment for all of these mentioned problems.I have tried topical retinoids in the past and they left my skin red.I would prefer a treatment with minimum down time that is budget friendly.I am contemplating the spectra vrm IIII laser?

Fraxel Laser

+2

Hi Martha.  One of my favorite laser is the Fraxel DUAL.  It has 2 wavelenghts (1927 nm and 1550 nm).  The 1550nm will be the best to address your concerns (enlarged pores, minor acne scars, and fine lines).  Sometimes I will combine this with a Thermage treatment (ThermaFrax) to get better results.  Because the Fraxel 1550 nm is non-ablative with minimal down time, you will need multiple treatemnts.  If you have a week of down time then I may suggest a single treatment with the fractionated CO2 laser (ie. CO2RE laser or something similar).  Good luck.

Jacksonville Dermatologist

Fraxel Laser

+2

Martha, with the results are trying to achieve and from the look of your pictures, I think I would recommend the Fraxel Dual treatment.  I think that laser combination would give you noticeable improvement for all the things are trying to correct with minimal downtime.  It does however require a series of treatments in order to achieve the best results and those can be spaced 2-4 weeks apart.  Good luck.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon