Wrinkles are Worse 10 Weeks After Laser Resurfacing Under Eyes. What Can I Do?

Are very wrinkled what should I do looks worse than before also looks like I have bags near cheeks bone

Laser Resurfacing and Wrinkles

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling 10 weeks after resurfacing is highly unusual.  I occasional see this in rosacea patients, but very rarely.  This usually resolves in 3-4 months in the worst case scenario. Also be sure you are hydrating your skin as dryness can cause the appearance of more wrinkles. Have your skin assessed by your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and to discuss all of your options.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing for eyelid wrinkles

+1

Laser resurfacing is one of the best ways to treat wrinkles around the eyes. What you are describing is common in my experience.

Following laser resurfacing, there will be subtle swelling that may go on for weeks. This actually makes you look better because the swelling makes the wrinkles less noticeable. Then, as the swelling subsides, it appears that your wrinkles have returned. Usually the wrinkles then begin to gradually improve as your skin forms new collagen.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does it take for full results after laser resurfacing?

+1

Initially you will experience redness, swelling and discomfort.  These usually fade after several days depending on the laser and technique used.  Usually there is a sense of "tightness" to the skin as well.

Complete results are usually expected by about 3 months after the procedure. 

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing for eyelid wrinkles

+1

If you still have pufffiness than you are not yet fully healed.  Collagen production may occur for six months after laser and the lines may still improve. You may have to be patient to see the final result.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Wait a Few Months

+1

I would wait a few more months then reevaluate. There is some secondary tightening after laser resurfacing that happens late.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon