Better to Do Laser Resurfacing Before Effects of Sun Damage Appear?

I am 32 and considering doing laser resurfacing now, before the effects of tanning in my 20's really begin to show. If I get a procedure done now, will it stop or slow the damage I did in my 20's? Right now, I have a couple of spots of discoloration and fine smile lines around my eyes. I am mainly interested in stimulating collagen production and preventing wrinkles.

CO2

+1
I would not recommend CO2 or any ablative laser for your concerns. I would recommend a skin care regimen to protect your skin from sun damage. If you have spots that you are concerned about, you can get Laser Pigmentation removal for those specific areas.
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Laser and developing sun damage

+1

As a young adult who is concerned about sun damage, I would suggest not using the lasers if you do not need them, and go on a good skin care regimen.

Laser resurfacing before visible photodamage occurs

+1

You might be taking an unnecessary risk if you have no wrinkles or sunspots and undergo laser resurfacing for preventative reasons. You might be better off to use long term Retin-A cream and sunscreen. Ask a dermatologist to evaluate your skin.