Laser Resurfacing to Remove Residual Sculptra Lumps and Scar?

My plastic surgeon excised the lumps I got from Sculptra. Then, within the next year, more had grown so he did a lower eyelid lift and removed all that he could. There are some residual small lumps and one small scar from the first excision. He is suggesting laser resurfacing to get more improvement. What do you think?

Laser resurfacing will not remove residual Sculptra

+1

The residual sculptra is beneath the skin. The laser resurfacing is done on the surface of the skin and will not effect the Sculptra.

After so many procedures on your eyelids I would also worry that laser resurfacing could pull the eyelid down.

Residual Sculptra lump treatment

+1

Lasers on the lower lid are only beneficial to tighten the skin. I do not think that it can reduce the subcutaneous masses that develop from injection of Sculptra.

Laser resurfacing for scars and Sculptra lumps

+1

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with Sculptra. I've had to excise it in several patients as well who got their Sculptra injections done elsewhere. Laser resurfacing could certainly be helpful in improving the appearance of the scars and lines. Regarding the residual Scuptra lumps, it is hard to say without examining you, but it is unlikely to get much better unless your surgeon thinks their appearance will improve with overall tightening.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Laser resurfacing for residual Scultra lumps and scar is tricky

+1

Need the right doctor, right equipment,  and right level of experience to treat that type of problem. Its difficult to make a recommendation without examining you or at least seeing a photo.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon