Laser Resurfacing After Major Peel - Options and Downtime?

I had a TCA chemical peel done that burned my face and now I have wrinkles near one of my eyes where I was burned by the peel. I also have large pores and other facial wrinkles that weren't addressed. I was thinking about having laser resurfacing done, but I am a graduate student and I only have about 1 week available for downtime without makeup at any given time. What laser options are available and realistic for this timeframe? Will laser really help? I was very dissapointed by the peel.

Fraxel Laser

+1

I suggest the new CO2 Fraxel laser which can be used after a peel and has minimal down time of about 1 week. See details for this therapy at the website below.  

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad Peel... consider your options

+1

Based on your concerns and feedback I would let your clinic know how unhappy you are with the results. At the same time, you may want to consider going to a different clinic for you esthetic needs, even if that means that you have to go to more than one consultation until you are comfortable with the environment, treatments offered and most importantly the doctor or technician that will be performing the treatment.

The best option for the skin condition that you mentioned is Factional Laser. This being said without any photos or an in depth consultation, is a general option and not necessarily the option for you. We have seen incredible results at Victoria Park with this treatment. One issue is that the fractional laser would require more than week downtime. This however, depends on your skin. In certain cases we have been able to reduce the downtime to a few days by giving more than one treatment with less intensity over a few months. This is for you to discuss with your doctor/technician. 

Regardless, when you are ready to undergo any esthetic procedure, it is best to have a consultation with a board certified cosmetic doctor or dermatologist who you trust. They will give you the honest answers for your unique situation (your starting point, your objectives and your budget). It is at this consultation that you will really find out if this is a good procedure for you.

At the Victoria Park Medispa, we take off the consultation fee from any appointment booked, therefore reducing a client’s risk of having a treatment performed without taking the time to think about what they really want. Any esthetic tool needs to be in the right hands, to achieve the best possible results.

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing for wrinkles and pore size

+1

You would have to be evaluated in person to determine  the extent of your lines and wrinkles.  Pore size may or may not improve, and some people can think their pores are larger when in fact, they are cleaned out of the stratum corneum debris that hang out in our pores normally (dead skin cells and sebum) plugging up the holes. Then when there is a facial, or laser resurfacing or chemical peel, the pores appear larger.  Laser may help your lines around the eyes but there are risks including redness, pigmentation changes and scarring, although rare.Fraxel Restore, Fraxel Repair, Fraxel Dual and Plasma resurfacing may all help your condition.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laser resurfacing after TCA peel

+1

It is very difficult to assess your situation without photos. There are many options for facial wrinkling and pores including laser, pulsed light, radiofrequency and ultrasound. These can also be used in combination to address specific problems. Downtime depends upon degree of wrinkling, laser used and setting of that laser. One of the devives I use regularly (Sciton erbium) can be set from almost no downtime to weeks of downtime depending upon settings. The key answer to your question is to find an experienced laser practitioner to treat you.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon