Laser Face Resurfacing - Treating Acne Scars, Fine Lines

I really don't know much about the different cosmetic procedures. However, I was told laser resurfacing works great for acne scars and fine lines. I have attached a photo of my bare face. I want to say thanks for any advice and suggestions ahead of time.

Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scars and Fine Lines

+2

You are young. Your wrinkles are still minimal and your scars, while somewhat "punched out," are not too deep.

1. CO2 Laser is still the gold standard. But for you, a little too aggressive, expensive, and not worth the risk considering newer alternatives. Most downtime. Best results.

2. Fraxel re:Pair is a CO2 based fractionated resurfacing. Usually, only one session needed. Goes deeper; pinpoint bleeding; more pain and downtime. Very good results.

3. Fraxel re:Store is an Erbium-based laser. Less pain, but three sessions needed, each a month apart. Topical anesthesia only with a cream. Quick recovery, minimal risk, mimimal down time. This is what I recommend for you. Total cost of all 3 sessions is about the same as one of either of the two above.

Austin Dermatologist

Acne scars and fine lines can be treated by laser resurfacing

+2

Acne scars and fine lines can be treated by laser resurfacing. You are young and have some fine lines and your acne scars are hard to see but appear to be a combination of ice pick type scars and broad based scars. In your photo it is hard to really see the scars so that is my best assessment because the photo is too light and void of shadows. Anyway, ice pick scars are deep but narrow scars and broad based scars are wider and shallower. Ice pick scars are harder to get vast improvement with and shallow scars are easier to get improvement with. Since your young and your wrinkles are very fine, I would suggest the fraxel laser. I would do the lighter laser, it has less down time and less risk and is effective on both fine lines and shallow scars.

Good Luck!

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Fractional lasers work best for acne scars

+2

Based upon the photos you are an excellent candidate for laser resurfacing with a fractional laser. Current data suggests that ablative fractional resurfacing with either an erbium, carbon dioxide or YSGG laser will give the best results for acne scars in your skin type. The best advice for you is to go to an experienced laser physician for the most effective treatment.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 for Acne Scars & Fine Lines

+1

Laser skin resurfacing is performed to improve cosmetic flaws such as wrinkles, acne scars and sun damaged skin. Laser skin resurfacing is the latest scientific breakthrough in skin rejuvenation.

Using a wand-like hand piece, the undesired skin cells and wrinkles literally disappear in a puff of mist and are replaced by fresh skin cells. One of the laser's most significant advantages over traditional techniques for skin resurfacing is that the treatment is relatively bloodless. The procedure also offers more control in the depth of penetration of the skin's surface, allowing an increased degree of precision and safety in treating delicate areas.

Laser resurfacing is performed a dermatologist office and can help erase fine lines and wrinkles of the face. It has also proven to be very effective in smoothing and tightening eyelid skin, improving crow's feet around the eyes, softening pucker marks and frown lines, as well as removing brown spots and evening out skin color. It can improve and flatten scars, repair smoker's lines and improve skin tone and texture.

Syed Amiry, DO
Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing for fine lines and skin texture

+1

I have treated a number of young women like yourself with fine lines and texture concerns. I prefer to use a fractional CO2 laser. One advantage of having mild skin irregularities is that a more conservative energy level may be used, which is less risky and leads to a quicker recovery, than for patients with more severe sun damage and skin wrinkling. It is important to find a physician who has experience in treating a number of different skin types and conditions so that you have an optimal improvement.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars and Fine Line Treatments

+1

We feel that the most effective treatment is combing the ability of the Erbium laser to "sand down"  the ridges of acne scars and fine lines with the tightening, smoothing and pigment reduction of the  Microfractional Carbon Dioxide laser. We also use topical antioxident lotions, 10% Glycolic exfoliaters and SPF 60 sunscreen to maximize smoothness. After 4 months we inject fillers into any remaining depressed areas to lift them.

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing for acne scars and fine lines?

+1

This technology is a GREAT way to address your concerns.  You also have good options in your area in terms of doctors.  Be prepared for the recovery process.  

Michael Kulick, MD

Acne scars and fine lines

+1

There are multiple lasers that can be used to treat fine lines and acne scars. Some are used to resurface and others can be used to build up the collagen.