What is the Best Laser to Remove the Lines from Nose to Mouth?

Hi Doc, I would like to know what is the best and safe laser to remove the lines from nose to mouth? I can't go for fillers because I bruise easily and they tend to stay for a long time. Thanks!

Nose to Mouth Lines Require Lift or Filler -Laser Will Not Help

+5

Laser Resurfacing will not improve Nose to Mouth Lines or a deep Nasal Labial Fold. Do not waste your money.

A facelift can improve these lines but fillers or fat injection are your best option.

Consultation needed

+2

There are many ways to address your particular concern. Schedule a consultation with a well trained board certified surgeon in your area. Upon examination, you will receive a treatment plan to best address your individual concerns.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lasers for the nasolabial fold

+2

If I am understanding you correctly you are asking what laser would best treat the nasolabial fold.  I do not feel any laser really treats this fold all that well.  Fillers are a better way and if bruising is an issue I would advise arnica prior to treatment.  Also, review medications and supplements and make sure that any associated with bruising are discontinued for an appropriate amount of time prior to the procedure. 

Lasers can be very helpful for fine lines around the mouth and to improve overall tone and texture of the skin but for deeper grooves something more is necessary.

Douglas M. Stevens, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best laser for wrinkles

+2

In order to answer your question correctly it is important to ensure that physicians comprehend the meaning of your question. Lines from the nostrils to the corners of the mouth are referred to as smile folds, smile creases and "the parentheses."  These smile folds are best treated by fillers and lasers usually do not help, and usually facelifts do not help much for those lines either.  Sometimes cheek volume augmentation makes the appearance of these lines less bothersome.  However, if you are referrring to the lines from under the nostrils that run vertically down to the upper lip can be many and lie parallel from the middle of the upper lip to the corners of the mouth then yes, these lines can be treated by lasers. It is important to realize that the underlying orbicularis oris muscle that controls are lip function, when contracted, makes the overlying skin contract and creates pleats. These wrinkles can never be removed completely, even with the most aggressive dermabrasion, carbon dioxide ablative laser or the newer fractional ablative or fractional non-ablative lasers. Once the wound heals and the muscle is contracting, the skin forms more pleats. Patients who had the older more aggressive, second degree-type "burn" wounds from dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser, would have improvement in the lines but the skin can become whiter and the lines will still be apparent. See an experienced plastic or dermatologic surgeon to evaluate what treatment is best for your skin type. Some people can even get improvement with the off-label use of tiny units of Botox in the upper skin-colored lip to minimize the muscle-skin "pleating" but as this can cause a few months of a disturbing imbalance in the lip muscles which is unsightly, only a physician who has great experience in injecting Botox to this area should perform the treatment, and it should not be used for wind instrument musicians, singers, and possibly public speakers.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lines around mouth

+1

There are so many ways to attempt to correct line around the mouth. Lasers are one modality, fillers, and botox are another.

Best Laser to Remove the Lines from Nose to Mouth

+1

I agree with Dr Pozner in his statements posted. You should obtain in person evaluations so the correct laser choice can be offered to you. 

Best Laser for "Lines from Nose to Mouth" aka Nasolabial Folds

+1

First of all, let me mention that unless you have a blood disorder, easy bruising does not rule out the possibility of using fillers to improve your nasolabial folds. There are ways to prepare before during and after your filler treatment to minimize bruising. We have been successful in achieving minimal to no bruising in our susceptible patients.

That being said, the best laser for improvement of nasolabial folds is the UltraPulse Encore Fractional CO2 Laser. It allows for effectively improving your collagen support, which plumps the skin and smoothes out  deeper  and superficial wrinkles as well as  improving the overall texture and tone of the skin, among other benefits.

Your individual treatment is customized for your skin color, skin condition, the depth of your wrinkle(s) and your tolerance for downtime.

Keep in mind that the goal is for a balanced look at the end of the treatment process.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Laser treatment for Lines around mouth - What is Best?

+1

Are you referring to the lasolabial creases (or folds)? If these are real depressions, then these are best treated with injectable fillers such as Radiesse, Perlane or Juvederm. Laser treatments will lead to only subtle improvements.

For upper (and lower) lip wrinkles (a.k.a. "smoker's lines"), then the gold standard of laser treatments ist still the CO2 laser. Newer technologies such as fractionated lasers (i.e. "Fraxel", "Deep Fx" etc) can provide improvements but are usually less dramatic than with the full surface CO2 laser. But these technologies maybe a little safer at the same time.

At the end, always keep in mind that a laser is not a smart robot but just a tool (like a scalpel or a pair of scissors). So, it is the surgeon that needs to use the tool with expertise and respect for a safe treatment.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing best for lines around mouth

+1

There are many different lasers that are effective for resurfacing the lines around the mouth. However, more important than the laser are the hands and brain of the person controlling the laser!!!! Experience counts and many factors need to be considered such as skin color, age, depth of wrinkles, previous treatment and downtime. My preference for peri-oral lines is the sciton erbium laser but as previously stated - many lasers may give good results.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lasers aren't the best solution for the nasal labial folds.

+1

If I were to do a laser for the nasal labial folds I would do a tightening laser such as tighten or thermage.  However, I still think fillers are your best bet.  You could prevent brusing by taking arnica and bromeline and you can post-laser use the pulsed dye laser to resolve the bruise more quickly. In addition, you could use a long lasting filler such as artefill which would require fewer treatments.

Good Luck.

Dr. Sikorski

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist