Would Laser Removal Treatments Completely Remove my Full Back Peice Tattoo?

I am beginning to really hate my tattoo and desperately want to remove it. It bothers me everyday and I can't live with it any more. Originally I had some flowers on my back which was not professional so I had it covered, which ended up becoming a tattoo on my entire back. I want my body back to the way it was when I came into this world, can laser treatments completely remove my tattoo?

Laser Tattoo Removal Works

+2

Yes, laser tattoo removal can completely remove your tattoo safely without ugly scarring.  However, it is also true that some tattoos cannot be completely removed, but only significantly faded with modern tattoo removal lasers.  Multiple treatments at 6-12 week intervals is the rule to potentially achieve complete scarless removal.

Our Lutronic Spectra VRM q-switched laser is the most powerful tattoo removal laser currently on the market and can remove nearly all colors with one or more of the 4 included wavelengths.

Laser Tattoo Removal Treatments...

+2

Laser Tattoo Removal is an excellent procedure for removing tattoos.  Having a tattoo removed is a long process.  Treatments need to be spread out, usually 4 weeks apart, to give your skin time to heal between treatments.  After the sessions, your back may have most if not all the ink removed; however, there is no guarantee.  Usually the skin is smooth, but occasionally you can have some mild discoloration or roughness of the area.  Considering the size and color of your tattoo, you will probably require about 5-10 sessions.  Be sure to discuss your questions with a laser specialist who performs this procedure regularly.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Tattoo Removal

+2

Laser tattoo treatment is effective in removing ink.  However, it is not a perfect technology in that despite multiple treatments over the course of many years ( and probably thousands of dollars in expense) you will probably still have some residual ink and/or other signs that there once was a tattoo present on your back.

Based on your statement that you “can't live with it anymore”,  laser tattoo treatment would be the best way to go. Considering the amount of ink you describe on your back however be prepared for a long journey in the removal process. Make sure you maintain realistic expectations; otherwise  you will be disappointed with the end results.

Can Laser Treatments Completely Remove Tattoos?...

+1

The lasers such as the YAG or RUBY can be pretty effective in removing the tattoo. However, the end result may Not look like skin that has not been tattooed over.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Laser tattoo removal won't work!

+1

Unfortunately laser tattoo machines haven't come far enough along, yet. They are not magic. Having treatments - in your case - probably 30 treatments would result in some of it coming off, at best, and more of it becoming smudgy and discolored. A tattoo the size you described is unfortunately something you are going to be stuck with, unless lasers come a long way.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD