How Painful is Laser Removal for Eyeliner Tattoo?

Is it really safe to use laser near the eyes, because many websites said it's not safe? How painful would it be? I had a bad eyeliners done and want to remove them badly. Thanks.

Laser removal of eyeliner tattoo can be done

+1

I have done this several times when patients are unhappy with or allergic to their cosmetic tattoo ink.

Eyeshields must be placed to protect the eyes since the Q-switched laser is being used inside the orbital rim. Multiple treatments are needed to eliminate the ink, but even after one or two treatments, the eyeliner is faded.

Birmingham Dermatologist

Eyeliner, tattoo

+1

I have treated multiple cases of tattoo lip liner and eyeliner. I like Q-switched Nd: Yag laser (532/1064) or Q switched ruby to help removing black ink tattoo. There is a risk for hyper/hypo pigmentation. It is necessary that corneal shields (glasses) or a metal shield specific be utilized during the treatment. Topical anesthetic will be applied before the treatment to reduce the pain.  Pain during the treatment is subjected to each individual and how much they can tolerate as well. We use multiple modalities to reduce the pain during the treatment depends on type of laser used.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon