Laser Removal For Cystic Acne Scars On Back And Chest?

I have numerous raised scars on my chest and back from deep cystic acne. I was considering a tattoo to cover them up, but am curious about the advancement of lasers treatment or other procedures in the Seattle area.

Raised Acne Scars

The raised scars may represent hypertrophic scars or keloids and the best treatment is likely not laser but intralesional injections of Kenalog (a type of cortisone).  5-fluorouracil can also be used to inject hypertrophic scars and keloids.  Typically raised, hard acne scars are relatively easy to flatten and soften with injections.   

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon