What Laser is Better Procedure to Reduce Wrinkles Around the Eyes? (photo)

I am 42 years old and am considering having a laser procedure done to my eyes to reduce some wrinkles. Which is better: Palomar 2940 Ablative Laser or Lutronic Fractional Co2 Laser (30 Watt)?

Laser treatment for periorbital wrinkles

+1

My personal opinion is that Fractional Co2 is a very effective treatment for the fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area that are associated with genetic and environmental aging.

This particular laser can be done both under-eye, and to eyelid. The fractionated technology allows for a much faster recovery time, while still giving you a great deal of skin tightening. Fractional Co2 also increases collagen production, so your skin continues to improve for up to 6 months post treatment.

Orland Park Plastic Surgeon

Laser of Choice to Reduce Wrinkles Around the Eyes.

+1

Have reviewed your photo and recommend the following:

• Avoid a agressive Laser Resurfacing Procedure at this time.. Wait until your early 50's before considering resurfacing.
  • My recommeded treatment Plan would be as follows:

1.Profractional Laser twice per year

2.Microlaser Peel once per year(you can piggy back this on top of one of           profractionals)

3.I have my patien'ts also use a specially formulated Tri-peptide,Stem-cell Activator 

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Laser procedure for eye wrinkles

+1

Good question.  I use the Fractional CO2 lasers often for wrinkle reduction and the patients are pleased with the results.  Most importantly you need to go to someone who has a lot of experience with lasers and who has the right credentials to use them.  Any laser has potential to do more harm then good so make sure the provider is reputable.  You also want to make sure you stay out of the sun after the procedure for many months to avoid hyperpigmentation and/or scarring.

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Better Procedure to Reduce Wrinkles Around the Eyes

+1

There are a number of lasers that can be used to produce good results. The more important consideration is to find an experienced and expert surgeon who understands your objectives. He/she can customize a treatment plan to best meet your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS