Laser Treatment for Pollybeak Deformity Caused by Excess Skin?

Can Laser based Skin tightening procedures like for example, Titan, work for polly beak deformity caused by excess skin not scar tissue? Because I don't want to undergo another surgery. Thank you.

Can a poly beak deformity be fixed with lasers?

+2

The answer is NO. Poly beak deformity is addressed through surgery in one of two ways: reduction of the dorsum or augmentation of the tip. Laser treatments only address the superficial skin, and misses the real problem which is the level of cartilage and soft tissue below the skin.

Save your money and consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon with experience in revision rhinoplasty.

Laser treatment is not effective on pollybeak deformity

+1

NO. Respectfully, you would be wasting your time and money.

The pollybeak deformity can only be corrected with a (revision) rhinoplasty and cannot be corrected by heating nasal skin by ANY laser.

I would strongly recommend you  see a board certified nose surgeon.

Correction of a "polly beak" nasal deformity typically requires surgery.

+1

A "polly beak" deformity is usually from having too much bridge-cartilage remaining above your tip after Rhinoplasty. The treatment of choice would be to surgically remove the excess cartilage, not to treat the overlying skin. If the issue with your profile is subtle, you might benefit from injectable fillers above the bridge-fullness.

Feel free to post / email your photo, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

So-called skin tightening procedures are likely to fail.

+1

Polly beak deformities after rhinoplasty can be broadly divided into hard-tissue and soft-tissue polly beaks. Both, however, usually require surgery to achieve a proper profile.

That said, if it is indeed a soft-tissue polly beak as you suggest, surgical correction of it may not be as difficult as you imagine and can sometimes be done in the office under local anesthesia.

I would be very wary of any claims that a procedure such as Titan or Thermage will adequately correct most polly beaks.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon