Which Laser Manufacturer Builds the Best Diode Laser?

We have a few hair removal clinics here and I was thinking of getting some treatments done. I have Type 2 skin (I think) with dark hair. One clinic here has a Lightsheer machine and the other has Mediostar Laser. Which one is better and less painful? Thanks for your help.

Light Sheer Duet diode by Lumenis- best diode on market to date!

+2

Hands down. 75% faster, relatively painless and you see the effects faster- usually in 4-5 treatments versus 6-7. Before, hair laser removal for men's back and large surface areas for people with lots of dense hair was just short of torture. This is truely tolerable without using topical anesthetics. You just have to try it to believe it! in purchasing a laser, I was able to try many systems in a short time. Without sacrificing efficacy, the Light Sheer duet just blew them all away. By the way- the duet differs from the earlier model by its suction technique in the larger handpiece (nearly quadruple the area able to be lasered in a single shot. The feeling of the suction is a bit of a distraction for the little bit of heat that you feel from the laser enery being absorbed by the hair. The cooling agent (athough more for epidermis protection than distraction) just doesnt compare IMHO.

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Lightsheer diode laser for hair removal

+1

I have not used the Mediostar, but we have used the Lightsheer diode laser in my practice for more than ten years with good success and a very high safety profile.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best Diode laser for hair removal

+1

All the laser companies these days are building some high quality machines. The stand out in my mind as far as diode lasers is the LightSheer by Lumenis. It is extremely reliable, high quality, and performs well. Hope this helps.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon