Laser Lipo on 65-year-old for Weight Gain Due to Medication?

I gained 20 lbs after taking a prescribed medication. I am 65 years old and in very good health. Am I eligible for Laser Liposuction?

Liposuction for 65 year old

+1
You would have to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for a physical examination and discussion of your goals to determine if liposuction is suitable for you. Generally speaking, if you are healthy physically and psychologically, then you may be a candidate.

Age and eligigibility for surgery

+1

Your age can affect the types of surgery which might be recommended by your plastic surgeon.  Assuming that you have reasonable skin tone, liposuction using only tumescence for anesthesia is one of the safest plastic surgery procedures we perform.  Liposuction is not indiacted for weight loss.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

You are a poor Liposuction candidate if you're targeting weight loss

+1

If you are specifically looking to lose weight from having liposuction, you are a poor candidate for surgery. Most patients lose little, if any weight. Liposuction is more appropriately a contouring procedure.

This is my opinion of course and you will likely find another surgeon to do it for you. How successful it might be of course is another question. This may seem sad but it is true.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon