Laser Liposculpting vs. Body Lift

Hi, I am considering doing a body lift.pls check my photoS. I am really hesitant!I think about the scar and if there is a less invasive way to do this procedure.I wonder does laser liposuction SCULPTING procedure have the exact same effects of a body lift if it is performed in the same problem areas? also does it get rid of the loose skin as the body lift or just fat cells?I cannot decide at ALL! I need your help!

Liposuction and Body Lift are not equivalent procedures

+1

It is good that you can ask this question and get a uniform response from a number of board certified plastic surgeons.    It is important to remember that Liposuction procedures (Laser or not) are not equivalent to Body Lift/Skin excision procedures.   A full evaluation to discuss the pros/cons and the benefits/limitations of each type of procedure will give you the most realistic expectation and best result.  Liposuction, whether with Laser or other energy, is for mld to moderate skin laxity, and skin excision procedures (body lift, tummy tuck, etc) are for moderate to severe laxity.  A combination of liposuction and skin excision usually gives the best results.  Good luck!

Laser Liposuction versus Body Lift

+1

Based on your pictures, you would not benefit from laser liposuction.  You will have very minimal skin tightening if any.  The procedures you need are surgical and include a lower body lift and an abdominoplasty / tummy tuck. These procedures should be very effective at making dramatic improvement in your body contour.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Laser Liposculpting vs. Body Lift

+1

Thanks for kindly posting your photos. To be perfectly honest you are NOT a candidate for laser lipolysis due to extreme laxity of your skin. Sorry. 

A Circumferential Body Lift Produces A Much Better Result Than Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of any form will not produce the same effect as a circumferential or nearly circumferential body lift. One treats fat only while the other treats the excessive skin and fat. So it is no surprise that the results are not comparable.  What you have to decide is whether a long wrap around scar is worth the better result. For patients who have lost a lot of weight, like a baraitric patient, their amount of excessive skin makes this an easy trade-off. Your trunk issues are not as severe as the massive weight loss patient and it is understandable why there is some heistancy on your part to accept the scar. In the final analysis, you have to decied which problem you can live with the best...loose skin around the waistline or a wrap around scar. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Body lift and/or liposuction

+1

WIth all the lax skin on your abdomen in the photo, it looks like you are not a candidate for liposuction of the abdomen.  You may be better off with a tummy tuck or a variation of that including a possible body lift.  An exam would be key.

Body lift is your best option

+1

Laser Liposuction will not address the excess skin which is you main concern. The correct surgery for you  is body lift. The scar is a tradeoff. You will get a significant improvement in your midsection, buttock and upper thigh following body lift. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Laser Liposculpting vs. Body Lift

+1

Hi M-tt,

After reviewing your photos, I think you can achieve a very nice result from lipoysis of the lower back region and LipoAbdominoplasty.  You can avoid the extra risks and scarring from a Body Lift.  Laser lipolysis does not offer any advantages over standard liposuction techniques.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Body lift, liposuction

+1
None of the liposuction methods will achieve the same skin tightening as a body lift. If you need skin excision then a body lift will be necessary

David L. Abramson, MD

Liposuction removes fat and does not significantly tighten skin

+1

Unfortunately loose skin can only be tighten by surgical removal. Liposuction removes unwanted fat deposits but will not significantly tighten skin. If any thing the skin will be looser after liposuction. A recent study at University of  Texas Southwestern Dallas demonstrated that at best the skin tightening with laser liposuction is 3 % which would be hardly noticeable. At the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery May 2011 in Boston a panel discussed this specific question. The over all opinion of laser liposuction was that it was not effective in tightening the skin and actually many felt it could do irreversible damage. 

The good news is that your physical condition would respond well a combination of standard liposuction and an abdominal paniculectomy (tummy tuck). With some newer techniques liposuction of your hips and abdomen combined with a newer technique tummy tuck can give you great results of a narrower waist and tighter abdomen. This can now be done to give you a much nicer result with out the need for a drain. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Laser lipo DOESN'T GET RID OF SKIN

+1

It needs to be put completely to rest that laser liposuction doesn't get rid of extra skin.  Just not possible.  There is no comparison between laser lipo and skin excision procedures like a tummy tuck (which you need for sure)

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS