Can Laser Liposuction Remove Internal Scar Tissue from Several C Sections, Without Producing More Internal Scarring?

Laser Lipo and Internal Scar Tissue

+1

Thank you for your question. Possibly release the scar if there is an adhesion from the skin, but other scar tissue may occur. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

C Sections scars can be released and improved during liposuction or SmartLipo.

+1

Indented C-Section scars can be released and greatly improved during liposuction or SmartLipo.  When combined with liposuction, depressed scars are usually greatly improved.  If the scars are raised (hypertorphic or keloidal) Fraxel Laser & steroid injections work best in my experience. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

#LaserLiposuction Remove Internal Scar Tissue from C Sections? ANS:

+1

I find Laser Liposuction to be helpful in 1)very dense tissue 2) Re-do Lipo areas and 3) areas that are more prone to waviness like the tummy and inner thigh...But just to release scarring from C-section, probably not. And if it is just the area of the scar, then I agree that more focused treatment of the scar to that area works best, like surgical revision...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Can liposuction improve C-section scar appearance?

+1

C-section scars are often tightly bound with the skin adherent to the underlying connective tissue and muscle layer giving an indented look. Fat then accumulates above and below the indented scar. Doing liposuction to reduce the excess fat can greatly improve the appearance. Also, the liposuction cannula can sometimes be used to carefully release the bound skin from the underlying muscle and connective tissue. A laser may have value in skin tightening, but not in removing the scar tissue.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Unfortunately, Laser Liposuctions don't help scar tissue at all.

+1

Laser liposuctions can melt fat but don't help scar tissue at all. During any liposuction, the doc can subcise the c-sec scar easily to free it up so it isn't indented. It is an easy procedure under local anesthesia. If you've got scar tissue, don't waste your money on laser lipo.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction to Remove C-section Scar.

+1

The short answer is no for the situation you describe. A scar revision will likely provide you with a better result because the problem is not just at the skin surface. In a situation such as your,s the skin is usually stuck down to the muscle without the normal subcutaneous fat layer between skin and scar, so Laser liposuction cannot correct this problem as the fat layer needs to be restored

That said, in some situations Laser Liposuction can be used to thin the fat layer above and below the scar, as well as slightly release a scar that is not overly thick or stuck down to the muscle. So Laser Liposuction can help in selected circumstances. It needs to be carefully evaluated.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

+1

As a Smart lipo Trainer the answer is a definitive NO. Best to think about an excisional scar revision with low dose Kenalog injections.