Laser Liposuction - How Should I Prepare for the Procedure?

What are the preparations I should follow before laser liposculpture? What I should stop taking or doing, such as drinking coffee, alcoholic beverages, caffinated beverages, etc.?

Preparation before liposculpture

+1

you should always consult with your physician as to what their guidlines are for preparation before a liposculpture procedure, however there are certain guidlines i give my patients prior to their procedure. i always get a detailed medical history and a list of their medications as some medications may need to be stopped prior to the surgery as they can interact with the anesthetic solution we infuse. i have my patients stop any medication that will thin their blood prior to the procedure. this would include aspirin and most anitinflammatory medications. I ask my patients to hydrate themselves prior to and after the procedure by drinking plenty of water. if you are a smoker, i recommend quiting at least 2 weeks before and after the procedure and preferably permanently as healing can be significantly delayed and impaired from smoking. it is best not to drink alcoholic beverages the day before or the day of the surgery and as long as you are taking any pain medication afterwards. typically patients may resume excercise two weeks after their procedure. although every doctor has their own guidlines, hopefully these are some that will be helpful.

Tampa Ophthalmologist