Is It Possible to Lose Excess Weight with Laser Lipo?

I'm about 75 lbs. over weight. Is Laser Lipo my best bet to get rid of the weight I gained from my 3 pregnancies? I had 2 get a c-section. Now I have this bulge. I'm ashamed of how much weight I gained and want to look like I used to. Right now, I'm 5’1” and 225 lbs. I want 2 go back to my old weight of 135-145lbs. Help me, please!

Is It Possible to Lose Excess Weight with Laser Lipo

Thank you for your question. Patients do not lose much weight from liposuction.  Liposuction will not lead to weight loss.  Consider consulting with a board certified physician specializing in weight loss.  Best Wishes.  

Laser Liposuction

Laser lipo is not for weight reduction.  You need to change your lifestyle and integrate healthy foods, in moderation, and begin a slow return to exercise.  Remove fast food from your diet, no meals after 5:00 in the evening, perhaps a salad only, a lean meal in the morning, and keep your calories at about 800-1000 a day.  You need to know how much calories you are consuming in a day.   No surgery is going to give you a lifestyle.  Get the lifestyle aligned, then have surgery as an option a year from now.  Try the Kaiser weight-reduction plan or weight watchers.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not a method of acheiving weight loss

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool.

First you need to lose the weight.

Consider a supervised weight loss plan such as weight watchers, Jenny Craig, or Seattle Sutton.

In the end, it is most likely you will achieve the best benefits from a tummy tuck