Is Laser Liposuction a Good Option for Me?

I am 30 years old and in good health. I exercise regularly and am a size 4. No matter what I do - cardio, strength, crossfit, yoga/pilates - I can't seem to get rid of my love handles. I only want a few inches off my hips. If not SmartLipo, what do you suggest?

Would never recommend laser liposuction when quality is a concern.

Laser liposuctions are like many gimmicky procedures which sound interesting and new but can cause many problems and are not worth the risks or complications. This is why they are becoming the cheapest of the liposuctions available out there. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

Laser liposuction for flank contouring

Sounds like you are a great candidate for laser liposuction to treat the love handle areas .  The advantages of laser Lipo includes smaller incisions, better skin tightening and less pain, bruising and recovery.  Most of my patients are back to the gym in 7-10 days.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

1274 North Palm Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236

Liposuction Options

Without a physical exam or photos, it is difficult to say if you are a candidate for liposuction or not.  There are a number of different options for liposuction, including Smartlipo (laser assisted) or Vaser Liposuction (ultrasound assisted) .  Both can achieve good results over the hips and "love handle" areas.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in all types of liposuction.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

2581 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124

I like to use laser for skin tightening so if you have good skin quality I think regular liposuction would do the trick

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

214 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012

Without pictures, we can not say with certainty, but it does sound from your description that you would be a good candidate for SmartLipo.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

2419 W. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33609

Based on your information provided you should be able to get a home run result with smartlipo or ultrasonic liposuction .  Downtime and bruising, pain, discomfort should be minimal with either procedure. Make sure your plastic surgeon has a lot of experience in liposuction to get the results you are looking for. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Is Laser Liposuction a Good Option?

Thank you for your question. I prefer Vaser lipo and prefer this to laser lipo. Especially in areas of fibrous fat, the Vaser seems to result in a more even removal rate of fat and greater volume. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Pictures or an exam may reveal that you are a very good candidate for liposuction. Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210