Laser Liposuction to Even out Breasts?

I had breast cancer 10 years ago. Radiation made the affected breast smaller. I am now a B on on side and a C on the other. I was not willing to go through the pain of old Liposuction but I'd be willing to do the laser method. Can someone tell be what I could expect and how successful that procedure is? Many thanks.

Laser Liposuction

+1

I would only have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon involved in this as you may not have much fat in your breasts as they also have breast tissue which does not remove easily.  You may be a candidate for an implant depending on how you want symmetry.  A laser may not make things any easier if the breast is mostly breast tissue.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction of the Breasts

+1

With a personal history of breast cancer on the contralateral breast, I would not advise an ablative procedure such as laser liposuction on the breast for symmetry reconstruction. At this time, we are not aware of all the causes of breast cancer, but ablating tissue in the breast has a theoretical risk of causing tissue damage.

I am very conservative with ablative laser procedures on breast parenchyma because of this theoretical risk.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Laser Liposuction effects on breast tissue are not known

+1

To my knowledge, this is not a studied.

The problem is that once you have beed diagnosed with breast cancer, you are at higher risk for recurrence and possible development in the opposite normal breast..

You must find a radiologist or general surgeon who is willing to follow and examine your breast after this procedure. Contact the general surgeon who managed your breast cancer and ask their opinion.

The findings following traditional liposuction are fairly well established.