Nodules, No Change After Laser Liposuction

I had Laser Lipolysis on February 10, 2009. I wasn't expecting to have large, hard nodules under my skin. Since the medspa has been unconcerned with the nodules, as according to them they will dissipate and breakdown with the Velashape, I am more concerned with my belly. I had a cheesy belly most all of my adult life and was never able to lose it, no matter how diligent I worked out. After Laser Lipo, just over 4 weeks ago, I don't see any difference in my upper belly AT ALL. Should I be expecting any more changes as I did pay for this area?

Do not expect dramatic results with Smart lipo or laser lipolysis

+2

I am not sure what you expected from smart lipo but I would guess that you abdominal problem is not limited to localized fat and mild skin laxity. This may be the best indication for laser lipolysis.

Anything more than mild degrees of fat excess and slight skin laxity is more likely better treated with a tummy tuck.

You may want to go back to the medspa and ask if they anticipate to see any more improvement. If you do not have your questions answered by the staff, you could ask to speak with the medical director who may be better equipped to answer your question.

Laser Liposuction

+1

A full evaluation of the area should take place after 6-8 weeks.  If there is no change, then consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get another opinion.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon