Just Had Laser Lipo. Is This Normal?

I just had Laser Lipo. Its 3 weeks out and Im still in pain. I had my upper/lower abs and flanks done. Im still really swollen but there are a lot of hard lumpy areas. My Dr. did say that this is normal that I need to start gently massaging those ares to "push the swelling out". The most tender areas are the sides and flank areas. Thats the area that the most tender and hard. Im just really nervous that those lumpy hard areas are not gonna go away and Im gonna regret what Ive done....

Post Laser Liposuction Pain

+1

Thank you for your question. At 3 weeks, it is too soon to evaluate the results.  Wait for 6-8 weeks to see the results, and at 6 months, the result are closer to the finished product.  Be sure to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon who has the best expertise in body sculpting.  I hope this helps!

Danville Plastic Surgeon

What you are experiencing is very common

+1

It is normal to have swelling and lumps after laser liposuction.  Whatever you are experiencing would have been much more apparent if you had normal liposuction, without laser.  I agree with your surgeon's advice to massage the areas.  In time, all of your irregularities should resolve.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Firm lumps after laser liposuction

+1

It is not unusual to feel firm lumps three weeks after having laser liposuction.  The firmness is swelling in the tissues and will go down; however, it may take up to three months.  Massaging the lumps may help.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Swollen After Laser Lipo?

+1

Yes, it is normal to have contour irregularities and swelling after laser lipo, you should be put on a protocol of massages and we recommend a device called vela smooth which is indicated off label to smooth any irregularities that can occur with the healing of laser lipo, in 6 months you should be a s smooth as a board if done correctly. good luck

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo and firmness

+1

Firmness at three weeks after laser liposuction can occur. I would follow the instructions of your surgeon. Good luck.