Laser Lipo For Full Abdomen, Waist, Flanks, Mid Back? How Effective is it? (photo)

So Ive decided to have lipo of my full abdomen, waist, flanks, mid back and get some breast implants. My doc recommended laser lipo. I had never heard of it prior to this...so of course I had to do my research! But anyway..I wanted to know if laser lipo could give me a flat stomach or would it barely make a difference? The pics Ive seen of other women, some of them look like its barely made any difference! Now, I know doctor and body type play a part in this..but could this really help me?

The results of laser liposuction depend on a lot of different factors

+2

The results of any type of lipo depend on the patient and how you look before the surgery.  Some patients are not good lipo candidates if the skin of the abdomen is too loose and the muscles are abnormal from, for example, pregnancy.  Other patients with large amounts of fat can have fat removed but the results may not be as good as a patient with smaller amounts of fat that need to be removed in certain areas.  In other words, the results are individualized and depend on the patient's health status, weight, quality of their skin and how they take care of themselves before and after the surgery.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo to abdomen

+1

Based on your photo, you are a good candidate for either laser liposuction only or s combination of laser lipo to the upper abdomen and flanks with a mini tummy tuck, depending on the laxity of your muscles on the lower abdomen from previous pregnancies, etc.  good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Laser and Traditional Liposuction Effective Ways to Manage excess fat

+1

Laser Liposuction Maybe More Hype than Benefit over Traditional Liposuction -but either way in an experienced surgeon's hands most will get a great result.
Benefits of Laser-Assisted Liposuction in my opinion are more theoretical than real.
The primary benefit of laser-assisted liposuction is that the recovery period has been touted as  less painful, and you may experience less swelling and bruising. I have not seen any difference. The theory is that because the laser used to disrupt the fat cells it causes less trauma to your tissues than mechanical removal—but the surgeon still does have to get under the skin and remove the fat. It generally takes me longer to use laser assisted liposuction and there is the danger of heat generation and a  burn complication.
Laser-assisted liposuction has not been demonstrated to produce better results than tumescent ("traditional") liposuction.
The #1 consideration—for both pain & swelling and your ultimate result—is your choice of surgeon. A skilled, experienced surgeon will give you the best surgical outcome with minimized pain and recovery time. I suggest looking up surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS