Skin Dimpling After Laser Lipo on Jowls

I had laser lipo with the smooth lipo device on my chin/jowl area about 3 weeks ago. Is it normal to have skin dimpling? I have a small area on my cheek that looks dimpled. How long will this last? I had this procedure to feel better about the way I look, not worse.

Many potential reasons for skin dimpling after facial lipo

+2

There are many potential reasons why you are experiencing these findings.

I assume that there is no redness, fever, or localized warmth associated with this.

Swelling in the area can manifest itself as skin dimpling. Occasionally, manual lymphatic drainage can minimize this.

At this point in time, you are still in the midst of the healing process and this may persist for another 3 seeks before softening in appearance. Gentle external massage can help expedite this.

I would encourage you to have an open discussion with your surgeon regarding your concerns and whether they feel any interventions are warranted or just continued observation.

Laser Liposuction

+1

Three weeks is too soon for an evaluation of long term results.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to do an evaluation after 6 weeks if you are not satisfied.  You may need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does fat injections.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon