Will Laser Lipo Get Rid of the Belly Fat? (Photos)

I've lost 90lbs within the last year and a half with diet and exercise. I've dropped 4 pants sizes from a size 20 to 14. However my belly seems to be at a stand still and not going down anymore. I haven't had any children so nothing else caused this but poor eating habits as an adolescent and young adult. After doing my research on here I'm unsure on whether laser lipo will help me with the stomach fat.

Will Laser Lipo Get Rid of the Belly Fat?

+2

A tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back will you the best result.  Liposuction will reduce your overall size of your midsection but will not improve the loose skin. If you want to have children in the future, a tummy tuck can be performed in the future.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Laser Liposuction for abdomen

+2

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos I recommend a full abdominoplasty with liposuction of your flanks.  Due to your 90 pound weight loss, you have excess skin on your abdomen and flanks and the only way to correct this is with a full tummy tuck, possibly even a circumferential abdominoplasty or lower body lift (goes all the way around).  In addition, an abdominoplasty will correct muscle laxity or looseness above and below your belly button.  You will be disappointed at this point with Laser Liposuction alone.  However, after your tummy tuck, you can get your Laser lipo for the flanks and back for further contouring and improve your results even more.  Take care and good luck!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

+2

As a trainer in SmartLipo I would recommend traditional liposuction secondary to weight loss by diet and exercising. Large volume "liposuction" (not laser lipo) can remove greater than 4 liters of fat but recovery is 3 weeks or more. Please seek in person evaluations. 

Liposuction for abdominal debulking is a reasonable approach for some patients

+2

You appear to have a fair amount of intra-abdominal fat (not accessible with a liposuction cannula) in addition to a lot of subcutaneous fat and some skin laxity. I think your abdominal contour could be improved somewhat with liposuction (I prefer power-assisted lipo using tumescent technique, no lasers). You will likely have some skin laxity post op. Perhaps your goal is not to have a perfectly flat and sculpted abdomen - if this is the case, then its reasonable to offer liposuction, as long as you are aware of the limitations in your particular case.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Laser Liposuction and Belly Fat

+2

Unfortunately liposuction will not help you due to the excess skin that you have. You are a candidate for a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). It will involve an incision that will go from hip bone to hip bone. However, it will make a drastic difference in your appearance. There are three parts to a tummy tuck: tightening the abdominal muscles, removal of excess skin and fat and a modest amount of liposuction. You have to be comfortable with the scar because you can't take it back but it's the only way to get you drum tight. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Good Candidate for Liposuction Surgery of the Abdominal Wall?

+2

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be proud of this accomplishment. I would suggest that you continue on your current diet/exercise program and achieve a long-term stable weight, if you are not there already, prior to undergoing any type of body contouring surgery.

In my practice, I would not offer you abdominal wall liposculpture surgery of any kind, given that you will be left with “loose” and irregular (unsightly) skin. be careful because there are a lot of different  sexy sounding micro suction techniques out there…

On the other hand, you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point. The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Weight loss and lipo?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I think that you are not quite ready for a surgical procedure. It looks like you could lose more weight. Liposuction most likely would not remove enough to give you a satisfactory result or the tissues may become too lax afterwards.