I Had a Laser Lipo Procedure Done 1 Month Ago and See No Result Yet?

My stomach is still flabby and extended. I'm 29, 5'1 and weigh 118 pounds.... Do I wait this out, or did the procedure flop?

Post Laser Lipo Results

+1

Thank you for your question. At the 1 month period, you are still in the healing phase, and probably a little fluid retained. I trust you saw a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and if not, the quality of outcomes is very diverse as many doctors are starting to offer liposuction and have no residency experience behind them. We see complications from many different specialties doing liposuction, up to 40% of patients are here due to a complication at a non-board certified plastic surgeon office. I hope you just have fluid retention. If you did not see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, then your outcome is a little more difficult to predict. We see too much, too little removed, skin perforations, massive textural irregularity etc. Now, this doesn't mean all surgeries went wrong. If the patient wanted all the fat removed, and did not want a tummy tuck when they needed one, then that is the decision they made. So there is another side to this. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

If you have concerns about your laser liposuction results, check back with the doctor who did your procedure.

+1

If you are still concerned after checking with the doctor who did your procedure, get a second opinion from a well-respected laser liposuction specialist or a specialist who does traditional liposuction in your area.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon