Potential Scarring from Smart Lipo?

I am dark skinned (type 5) and am considering Smart (Laser) Liposuction. I have a history of keloid scarring. Are there any other risks of scarring other than at the incision sites?

I was reading a case were a woman experienced keloid scarring and dark spots after Vaser. I am aware of treatments for keloids and will be prepared to care for the incision sites. However I do not want to run the risk of any other type of scarring.

Significant scarring after Smart Lipo very unusual

+2

It would be very unusual to get significant scarring from Smart Lipo. If the surgeon is especially careful not to overheat the skin, your risk of having keloid formation is quite low.

Sterling Plastic Surgeon