Options For Lumps And Hardness 3 Weeks Post Laser Lipo To Abdomen? (photo)

I Had Laser Lipo on my Abdomen 3 Weeks Ago. I Have Significant Hardness and Lumps. I've Had Weekly Lymphatic Massages and I really can't tell a difference. My operating PS said deep massages would be best(I've had 2 and they are really painful).A local PS does Triactive on his patients and I am considering that.Which gets the better result - Triactive or ultrasound massages? I've read Triactive doesn't give a lasting result without maintenance,but I think this may be when using for cellulite? I also have fluid in my stomach that has been drained 2x. How do I keep fluid from building and/or drain on it's own?

Hardness And Lumps After Abdominal Laser Liposuction

+2

The most important consideration is that you are very early in the liposuction healing phase. While three weeks may seem like an eternity to you, it is quite early in the healing process after any form of liposuction. All of your tissues underneath the skin have undergone considerable trauma and injury from the procedure. Hardness, lumps and irregularities are very common after liposuction and are part of the healing process. What you see today may well go away on its own in a few months. While there are certainly benefits to lymphatic massage and other types of tissue manipulation after liposuction, the tissues are still too tender and inflamed to get much benefit from them at this point. You would be better served to give the treated area more time to heal and consider these other therapies at six to eight weeks after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.eppleysmartlipo.com/

Lumps after Liposuction

+1

It is very common to have lumps and hard areas after any type of Liposuction.  I have found that laser liposuction such as the GPS Lipocontrol laser is very accurate with fat removal and tends to be less lumpy than traditional liposuction.  Massage, either lymphatic or ultrasound, is important and very helpful. Lumpy areas 3 weeks after liposuction is not abnormal, but very common.  It will take months for this to resolve, but it should.  I don't think there is any one treatment which is considered the best for lumps and bumps after liposuction.  Any kind of massage or ultrasonic treatment will help to mobilize fluid and soften the areas. 

Fibrosis is common after laser liposuction

+1

Fibrosis is common after laser liposuction and is best treated by external massage and or external ultrasound.  It will take months for all of the firmness to resolve, but it should resolve.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sorry for your issues. Aggressive lymphatic massages and/or external ultrasound. You might have been a poor candidate for laser liposuction. 

+1

Massage, massage, and then more massage!!!! Almost all Lipo has some waviness to it afterward and as much massage as you can tolerate is the best. The other treatments have really not been shown to work as far as I know....So keep going! As far as your seroma, of fluid buildup, let your doctor handle that ....It should eventually go away...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction and postoperative inflammation

+1

Inflammation with swelling and hardness/lumps are common following liposuction. These will go away with time and 3 weeks is still very early yet. There are a variety of "touted" methods of addressing the swelling and lumps but I am not convinced that the time, effort and costs are justifiable. 

There are issues with laser liposuction that may may increase the risks compared to other approaches even when performed by a practitioner facile with other techniques. You need to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Hardness at 3 weeks after Liposuction is NOT ABnormal

+1

It appears that there should have been better communication between you and your Plastic surgeon regarding expectations, both short- and long-term. It is expected with all forms of Liposuction to be swelling and inflammation after the procedure. This manifests as hardness and area of stiffness. This SHOULD gradually improve over the next few months and in some cases may be helped by lymphatic massage.