Laser Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm almost 25. I'm 5'4 My weight stays between 120-125. I have had three Children. I don't need abs I just want my flat stomach again. I'm scared of having a horrible scar or lots of pain. Do you think lipo would work for me or does it'seem I need a MTT? Thank You

Tummy Tuck Options

+1

I understand your concerns for avoiding scars and seeking minimally invasive treatment.  Unfortunately, non invasive procedures will do very little to treat the loose muscle and skin of the abdomen.    

In order to obtain a realistic improvement, you will need a tummy tuck procedure.   Thank you for you question.    It is difficult to give accurate recommendation without an in office exam.  When I evaluate the abdomen, I assess:

1.  The amount of loose skin

2.  The volume of fatty tissue
3.  The degree of muscle laxity.

I evaluate this in each of 3 areas:
1.  Upper Abdomen

2.  Area around the Belly Button
3.  Lower Abdomen

MINI TUMMY TUCK: If a patient has loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity limited to the Lower Abdomen, then I recommend the mini tummy tuck.  In order to qualify for this, the patient must have good skin and muscle tone in their upper abdomen and area around the belly button.   I will frequently perform liposuction of these areas with my Mini Tummy Tuck to enhance the overall contour.

FULL TUMMY TUCK:  this is for patients who have loose skin and muscle laxity of the upper abdomen, belly button area, and lower abdomen.   This procedure tightens all 3 areas with a bikini line incision.   I often encorporate liposuction with my full tummy tuck as I feel it offers a superb end result.
EXTENDED TUMMY TUCK:  This works well for patients who have loose skin that extends over the hip bone into the flank area.   I will perform extensive liposuction and skin excision to the hip and flank area combined with full tummy tuck.

BODY LIFT/BELT LIPECTOMY:  this is essentially a 360 degree tummy tuck which involves removal of loose skin and fatty tissue of the lower back and buttocks, in addition to the extended tummy tuck.
I wish you a safe recovery and amazing result!!

Dr. Gill

Flat stomach

+1

The loose skin would need to be addressed with a tummy tuck. To determine the scope of the tummy tuck and if you will also need a liposuction, then you should consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options based on your goals and needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Best Operation to Achieve Flat Abdomen?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would suggest that you avoid  both of the operations you mentioned.  I think you will be better off doing nothing or undergoing full tummy tuck surgery.

Liposuction surgery alone will leave you with loose, unattractive skin (worse off).

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.