Why does it appear I have more fat around my waist line after Lazer Liposuction?

I just had my touch up procedure on Friday. I was not happy with the results from the 1st time. I felt like all the fat drained to the bottom of my stomach and I had this "tire" wrapped around my waist line. Doctor went back in and did a touch up, almost 6 days later, fat around my waist line actually got larger. It now goes around almost my entire waist line.. why is this happening? I was in good shape prior to this procedure, my stomach area looks 100 times worse.

+1
Without seeing pictures it is difficult to tell what is going on but certainly have swelling that would mask the result of your surgery. I tell my patients to be careful about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. It can easily take 2-3 months to see your final results after a big surgery like you had.  Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

It's Swelling

+1
If you had liposuction 6 days ago you are still swollen. No matter the technique, laser or traditional, liposuction traumatizes your soft tissues and the body's natural response to this includes swelling. Men tend to swell more than women. As you experienced from your first surgery, you will be swollen for some time and you will not see your final result for 3-6 months. Judging the quality of your results at a week is premature.

Lee E. Corbett, MD