Laser Lipo: Should I Be Concerned About Extremely Tight Skin? (Photos)

I am three weeks post lipo where fat was removed from my upper and lower abs, and my flanks. You can see that I am still slightly swollen and bruised. It now it feels like i have an invisible belt tightly cinched completely around my lower abdomen. The area is very hard which creates a "spare tire" at the point where the treated areas meet the non-treated area, which becomes more noticeable whenever I sit or bend. Will this go away over time, as the fibrous areas begin to soften?

Massage and Time will Loosen Tight Skin after Laser Lipo

+2

Thank yoiu for your question.

You appear to have an excellent result.

Massage and time will loosen your tight feeling.

See your surgeon. Perhaps Lymphatic Drainage will help

Normal Healing

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. You have an excellent result. You are likely feeling swelling and tethering that occurs as you are healing. This tightness tends to improve with time and soften as the swelling resolves. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction: swelling postop

+1

the area you indicated could just represent swelling in an area adjacent to the treated region.  if it is swelling, it will resolve with time.  swollen areas feel firm and hard.  it is common to have this kind of finding after laser liposuction.  three weeks is quite early after surgery.  you need to wait 6 months to a year to see resolution of all swelling.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tightness after liposuction

+1

It looks like from your photo and your description that youa re describing some scar tissue issues. You  may want to massage the area and over time it should get better. Follow closely with your surgeon.

Hello

+1

Looks like you have received great results. What you are referring too is scar tissue, what we tell our patient’s is to message the area gently a few times a day to break down the scar tissue. It takes time for the swelling to subside so you will feel the tightness for a while till your skin and everything relax.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS