Would Laser Lipo Benefit Me at All? (photo)

Every since the birth of my 9lb son I have not been able to lose my stomach pudge. I have gone to 2 different surgeons for consultations. One did an ultrasound and said that my problem is visceral fat and only exercise could take care of it.He also said that I had very little subcutaneous fat. He also said I had strong abdominal muscles. The next consultation involved a nurse doing the exam and said that they could take care of it but dont know if the skin would tighten back up. What would you recommend?

Laser Lipo after Pregnancy...Will It Be Beneficial?

Thank you for the helpful photo!  Evaluating the photo, it seems your pregnancy has caused a weakening in the abdominal wall (called diastasis recti), as well as weakened elasticity and outstretched skin of your central abdomen and flank area.  I think a tummy tuck with liposuction could greatly improve your contour.  I do not feel liposuction alone will give you the figure you desire, as you may still end up with persistent loose skin issues.  Ultimately, a live consultation with a trusted surgeon is recommended.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

4650 Stone Mountain Hwy
Lilburn, GA 30047

Tummy tuck will help

Your pictures show stretch marks and weaken abdominal muscle. Tummy tuck will work. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for consultation.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002

Would Laser Lipo Benefit Me at All?

Given the degree of skin laxity and the quality of the skin, a tummy tuck would probably produce the better result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Abdominal contour surgery

Based solely on the photo it looks like you have poor skin quality and may be a better candidate for an excisional procedure like a tummy tuck.  You may also have a diastasis or weakness of the abdominal muscles. An exam in person is key.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028