Laser Liposuction 3-weeks ago. Noticing indentations & "old lady" belly. What are the chances are this will improve? (photo)

I understand 3-wks is early in recovery; however, indentations don't seem like they would go away on their own... and when I bend/move it looks like "old lady belly". My skin was previously very tight/smooth & before surgery my doc said I was an ideal candidate: very tight skin, ideal weight, fit (plus no kids). A photo is attchd. Note that it looks lumpy but there are no lumps. Pls advise if you think this is normal at 3wks/will improve & if there is anything I could do to help-endermologie?

Post Liposuction

+2
Lumpiness and hardness after Smartlipo or other types of liposuction typically persists at least 6-8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Hope this helps. Dean Vistnes.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Skin irregularities 3 weeks post laser liposuction

+1
It is not uncommon to skin irregularities and some indents and/or lumpiness in the first few weeks following any type  liposuction.  In most cases this problems will resolve over the next 6 to 12 weeks.  Wearing you compression garments, massage, and using a good moisturizer can help speed to process.  Endermolgie can also help but is not necessarily required.  Best wishes Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Is Loose Appearing Skin Normal 3 Weeks After SmartLipo?

+1
Unfortunately, the photo only gives a limited view of your entire abdomen.  It appears to me that this is a normal amount of looseness, given that it is only 3 weeks since Laser Liposuction.  Remember, it takes up to 6 months to see complete tightening affect of this procedure.  I am a huge supporter of adequate compression over first month after any liposuction, as I feel it helps the skin tightening effort. Consult a qualified surgeon regarding best approach. Sincerely, Dr. Windell Boutte, MD

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon