Laser Hair Removal at Upper Lip?

3 Days ago i got my first laser hair removal procedure at my upper lip. After a day of the procedure seem that my lip started to get red and with bumps. Is this normal and how does it take to go away?

Upper Lip - Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. This is likely a little follicular swelling, which is normal, and should subside in 3-4 days.  A little cortisone twice a day for a couple days and cool compresses to the area should assist in reducing the swelling.  If symptoms persist, see your provider.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser surgery and for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Bumps after laser hair can be normal

+1

It is common to get bumps after laser hair removal but usually it is the same day. Try a day or two of over the counter hydrocortisone and let your doctor know. It is always important to see a board certified dermatologist with experience in lasers.

Bumps on upper lip after laser hair removal

+1

As long as they are not blisters, it's ok. Some people will get bumps at the follicle sites that were treated, from the energy penetrating into that spot. Apply cool water and hydrocortisone (available for a few dollars over the counter) a few times a day. It should calm it down. Make sure your technician knows about this response too, just because they might not need to move up in energy again for your next treatment.