Can I Get Laser Hair Removal Treatments at Close Intervals?

I have gotten one treatment for laser hair removal, but i need to get it done and over with fast. Is there anyway that I can speed up this long process by getting treatments at close intervals?

Should wait at least 4-6 weeks

+1

You should wait at least 4-6 weeks for the face and 6-8 weeks for the body areas before scheduling your next treatment. All lasers are different but this is the average time in between treatments. The hair grows in different stages and in order for the laser to destroy the hair permanently it needs to be in the active stage of growing, usually round the recommended wait time. That is why you cannot do the treatments at closer intervals.

Laser Hair Removal treatment intervals

+1

Normally it is recommended that LHR treatments be done in 3 to 4 week intervals to correspond with the normal hair growth cycles.

Sofia Rubbani, MD
Manhattan Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal treatments can be done more often

+1

Hi Arennison,

The answer to your question is yes, your laser hair removal treatments can be very close together if you want, as often as several days apart. But the reason you would not want to do this is that you would be wasting your money.

For laser hair removal to work, there needs to be a hair in the follicle during treatment. At any one time only about 60% of your hair is in the follicles. This is because hair has a natural growth cycle whereby sometimes the hair is present and sometimes it's not (resting phase). The reason we spread out the treatments is that hair not present at the first treatment needs to be given time to grow in so that it's present at the second treatment.

By performing your laser hair removal treatments too close together, you are not allowing much of the hair not treated at the previous treatment to enter the growth cycle which will cause you to get much worse results. Don't waste your money, stick to the period between treatments that you physician suggests.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Laser hair removal intervals usually 3-8 weeks for first 3-4 sessions

+1

Laser hair removal is intended for permanent reduction of unwanted hair. There needs to be a complete evaluation by a physician which includes medical history and medications.

Hair removal can be repeated as soon as the skin has recovered. Most areas are treated every 3-8 weeks, depending on the speed of regrowth.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do not decrease Laser Hair Removal intervals

+1

Having performed thousands of laser hair removal treatments, I would advise you to not decrease the intervals of treatment. Laser hair removal should be performed at 6 to 8 week intervals to correspond to the natural growth cycles of the hair follicle. Decreasing the interval of treatment will not effectively alter the permanency of the hair growth. Maintain the intervals of treatment at 6 to 8 week intervals and assure consistency in your appointments.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS