Best Laser Hair Removal System for Excessive Body Hair (Female)?

I am a female and i suffer from excessive hair all over my body(skintypeIII.dark hair follicle).During the past years my face was treated 12 times with IPL but i have seen no results or even the situation got worst.I would like to know which laser is best for me so as to see optimum results.I am considering to treat larger areas in my body if i have god results.I would like to also ask if laser hair removal is permanent cause i am very disappointed by the results it gave me

The Light Sheer Duet is the best laser for fast, safe hair removal

+1

The Light Sheer Duet is the gold standard laser for removing hair quickly and safely when performed properly by a trained physician or under the direct supervision of a dermatologist. It uses a very large spot size, can cover the entire legs or arms in 10-15 minutes. It works best on those with dark hair and lighter skin. Make sure to not have a suntan and to shave the area before the treatment. Typically 6-8 treatments are required for optimal results and one to two maintenance treatments may be needed every few years to maintain clearance.

Best Laser Hair Reduction Device for Excessive Body Hair

+1

For unwanted facial and body hair on all skin types, we have found great success using the long pulsed Nd:YAG laser and the Lumenis LightSheer diode laser. For large areas, like your legs and back, the newer high speed LightSheer DUET, with its very large spot size, provides quick and effective laser hair reduction in shorter treatment times.

Anifat Balogun, MD
Seattle General Surgeon

Permanent hair reduction not removal by laser

+1

For skin type III and dark hair either IPL or lasers should do well.  However it does depend on knowing what settings to use to achieve the best result and minimize side effects.  If the settings are too low, they can potentially stimulate hair growth paradoxically.

Also, if there is any hormonal abnormality, such as an excess of androgens (male-like hormones), treatment with laser or IPL is usually lesss effective requiring more sessions.

That said, you should be seeing some results after 12 sessions.  Are the sessions done regularly, every 4-6 weeks?  You also want to make sure you are not waxing or plucking between sessions.  Only shaving is allowed, as laser or IPL will have less of a target if you actually remove the hairs from the hair follicles.

I recommend a consultation with a board certified dermatologist with proper training and experience in laser hair reduction.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon