Can I Do Laser Hair Removal Session Every 2 Weeks?

I had 3 sessions, with 4-5 weeks in between and did not see any results. What if I space every 2 weeks?Since I have hair growing the same...?

Laser Hair Removal Sessions

+1

I recommend my patients to have their laser hair removal sessions spaced four weeks apart depending on the area of the body being treated.  Having laser hair removal every two weeks will not allow the hair follicles to be lasered in the growth phase.  Laser hair removal targets hair that is in the active growth cycle, which is why it is best to wait at least four weeks between treatments.  The effectiveness of the laser hair removal treatment also depends on what type of laser is being used and the color of the hair being treated.  Laser hair removal works best on darker hair.

Unhappy with Laser Hair Results

+1

I would first consider that the laser system you are using, or the parameters the operating is selecting, are not optimal for you.  On average, I tell patients to expect 25-30% long term reduction of exisiting hairs with each treatment, and most all hairs will have a temporary improvement (because they are vaporized or damaged and fall out in 1-2 weeks).  Your comment that you "did not see any resuts" suggests the laser operator is not optimizing your treatment with the proper laser or settings.

In general, spacing laser treatments every 4-8 weeks (depending on body site) is best for the initial 3-5 treatment cyles.  This relates to the hair growth cycle and its response after injury.  Increasing the frequency of laser hair removal is actually not helpful, except to the financial bottom line of the practitioner suggesting it.

Be sure to consult with a Board Certified physician with a speciality in an accepted field of aesthetic surgery, such as Dermatology or Plastic Surgery, to obtain your best results---take good care!

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Recommended frequency for laser hair removal

+1

With multiple Laser hair removal treatments significant long-term reduction can be achieved. In general, two or more treatments are required at each site. The laser is only effective when the hair follicle is in its active growth phase so your treatments should be spaced further apart than every two weeks. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat those follicles when they re-enter the growth phase. Optimal long-term benefits depend on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density, and your hair’s growth cycle. Darker hair responds best to the laser, while lighter hair is less responsive. Some lasers are also more effective for hair removal than others. We use the GentleMAX laser by Candela which is an Alexandrite laser that is quite effective for hair removal.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal Frequency

+1

We ask our patients to wait at least 3-4 weeks in between laser hair removal treatments.  If you have had 3 sessions spaced appropriately, perhaps your hair is too light for the laser or your provider is using the wrong laser for you.  You should be seeing some results if the procedure is being done properly.

Beverly Hills Dermatologist