Dark Red Spots After Laser Hair Removal

I had no reaction to Gentle Yag, until a few hours after the laser hair removal treatment. Now, it's been four days and my skin is full of dark red spots (around the follicle), that are slightly raised and itchy. Is this a normal reaction, or something I should go back to the clinic for? Is there anything to speed up the healing process?

Red spots after laser

+3

It is not uncommon to have "red spots" often referred to as post inflammatory erythema after laser. All types of laser can cause this reaction. Typically, these changes are transient and resolve with time. They are a function of your skin type, the laser used and the type of treatments. My suggestion is discuss with your dermatologist but most often just being patient and not complicating it by other treatments is best for resolution.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon