I've had laser hair removal in the past. Is there any research going on to improve outcomes of hair removal?

I have the darkest skin on the Fitzpatrick scale so I got the laser removal that used the laser safest for my skin. It was some YAG laser 1064nm wave or whatever. I did NINE treatments and my hair would shed each time. It's been a year since I last got a treatment and the hair still grows back, just not as course but still significant. My question is, is there ongoing research in the field to make it more effective for dark skin tones?

Laser Hair Removal Outcomes

+1
Laser hair removal has made some significant advances over the last few years. However, it is important that you see a provider with the latest technology otherwise you will get varying results. Our laser hair removal machine provides fast treatments with no pain. It is safe for all skin types, including African Americans. We achieve permanent hair loss in an average of 3-5 treatments. With the best technology and experience laser hair removal technicians most people will not require 9 treatments like you had. Good Luck!

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon