Laser Hair Removal for a 15 Year Old?

i want to have laser hair removal for my under lip.but my parents say its risky especially for my age and permanent side effects are a possibility.anyway.i have heard that i have to remove the specified area of hair several times so that the procedure works as the hair has to be dark..and i never have removed the hair from under my lip..so is it true?And about exposing skin to sun before and during the treatment.way to school and daily outdoors,is it ok ???

Laser Hair Removal at age 15

+1

Thank you for your question. Hair removal always has a risk, even if it is small.  When done at the right facility and by the right operator, laser hair removal can be safe and effective. Sun exposure increases the risk, and other factors are a risk.  Unfortunately, until you are 18, your parents will have the final say in whether you can get a treatment.  They should have a consult with you and a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon  and assess your risk profile and hair type to determine if it is suitable for hair removal. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. Laser hair removal is considered a very safe procedure. A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!

Laser hair removal for a 15 year old

+1

Laser hair removal is quite safe for people of all ages. The risks are minimal. Side effects may include a bruise, redness, blistering, increased or decreased pigmentation, and swelling in the treated areas. These usually do not last more than a few days. Permanent side effects or scarring are rare. You need to make sure the area has had no sun exposure for one month prior and one month after the laser procedure.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon