Best Laser Hair Removal Machine for Fine Dark Hair on Face and Upper Arms?

I have olive skin between type 3 to 4 (what I was told at clinics). I want to remove facial hair and full arm. My face and upper arms have dark & fine hair but still quite visible. Also, I want the hair to be less visible. How many treatment should I need?

Lumenis Lightsheer is best for Laser Hair Removal

+2

Hi Sonia,

For your skin type, we agree with Dr. Turowskin that the most widely used and most effective laser is the Lumenis Lightsheer. Although the Nd:Yg (Yag) would be appropriate for your skin type, it is not the most effective, would take many more treatments and might not lead to permanent hair loss. We do not recommend the IPL for any skin types.

The estimated number of treatments is 6-8 for our patients with your skin type. Good luck.

Lightsheer diode laser by Lumenis is the best

+1

Lightsheer works great for all skin types. For olive skin and fine dark hair it normally takes between 6-9 treatments. The results are permanent and patients see improvement even after the first procedure. The tip of the laser is chilled and cools down the skin immediately after the energy is delivered to the skin. The downtime with the Lightsheer is minimal and side effects are very rare.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Laser hair removal

+1

Small dark facial hairs on an olive complexion skin can be treated with many different systems. I use both a YAG and an IPL to treat many different varieties of hair.