Best Laser Hair Removal for Patient of East Indian Descent?

Can anyone tell me what type of laser I should ask for when getting Laser hair removal treatment? I am of East Indian descent and have not so fair skin.

Laser Hair Removal for East Indian

+1

One good laser that works well on darker skin types such as East Indian is the Lyra laser with a wavelength of 1064. That is what we use at my center.  Make sure you go to a center with lots of laser experience and they should know what you need. 

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best Laser Hair Removal lasers for ethnic or darker skin types

+1

The laser that I would recommend for your skin type would be a long pulse 1064 nm YAG Laser. This laser is very effective and safe on all skin types. Make sure the physician who performs your procedure has experience with laser procedures on skin of color. Hope this helps.

Dr D.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Laser Hair Removal Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question A wide variety of medical lasers and light systems are used to remove unwanted hair, however most lasers are not effective for all skin types and hair colors. The Elos laser hair removal system is designed for permanent hair reduction by combining both optical and radiofrequency energy to deliver satisfying, longer lasting results with less discomfort than previous laser systems. All skin and all hair colors including gray and blonde hair are effectively treated. Faces, backs, arms, legs, faces, and bikini lines can be treated including those individuals with darkly pigmented skin. Treatments are administered every 4 weeks and generally 3 to 5 treatments are sufficient. Best of luck!