I Had Laser Hair Removal on my Chin and Was Burned Pretty Bad. After 45 Days the Color is Dark and my Skin is Not Even at All!!

I had laser hair removal on my chin and was burned pretty bad. after 45 days the color is still dark and my skin is not even at all!!I cant cover it even with makeup!!what I have to do?

Hyperpigmentation after laser hair removal

+1

Dear writer, Thank you for your question. I looked al the pictures that you submitted, and it is not obvious if hyperpigmentation is all or any of what we are seeing. You may have some moderate indented areas, but this is not so clear. I cannot see significant or prominent hyper pigmentation at this point. 1. For true Hyperpigmentation, your doctor may prescribe a higher strength bleaching compound, consisting of hydroquinone 8%, tretinoin 0.025% and hydrocortisone 1%, applied at bedtime for eight weeks. Strict sun protection is of great importance. Hyperpigmentation after laser hair removal almost always resolves completely, but it will take more time (months, up to a year). 2. If you had significant crusting after the laser hair removal, you may also have slightly indented areas. I would advise to wait, as these many times will fill in and recover nicely over time. Ultimately, there is also a nice way to improve them by injecting natural fillers like Restylane or Juvederm. These events after laser hair removal are not rare, and can happen even when the best device, settings and technique was used, particularly on the chin area. I advise you to discuss this your doctor and make a plan together. Best of luck! Dr. Leyda Bowes

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of Hyperpigmentation After Laser Hair removal

+1

Potential risks of laser hair removal include temporary or permanent hypo-pigmentation or hyper-pigmentation. This can occur even when optimal laser treatment parameters are used. Fortunately most instances of hyperpigmentation are temporary and tend to fade over time. We instruct all our patients to make sure the area has had no sun exposure for one month prior and one month after the laser procedure. Daily use of an effective sunscreen is key, regardless as to whether you are going outdoors. Also, make sure you are not taking any photosensitizing medications or over-the-counter supplements known to cause photosensitivity. You should consider applying prescription-strength 4% hydroquinone cream to the areas of hyperpigmentation to help them fade more quickly.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/store/pigmentation/skin-discoloration/obagi-clear.html

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark color after laser hair removal

+1

Discoloration after laser treatment is not uncommon, and it responses to topical depigmenting cream and microdermabrasion.