Could Laser Hair Removal Have Caused my Grovers Disease?

I had lase hair removal on my legs about 8 years ago... two years later I began to see bumps on my leg and now have full blown grovers disease (biopsy verified) ONLY on my legs! COuld the laser have destroyed my sweat glands and caused this

Laser hair removal does not cause grovers disease

+1

laser hair removal does not cause grovers disease.  laser hair removal does not affect the sweat gland.  the laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle.  i think the two events are unrelated. 

Did laser hair removal cause Grover's disease

+1

I doubt very much that your laser hair removal had an affect on you getting Grover's disease, although, I won't tell you it's scientifically impossible, because stranger things have been correlated. However, I have seen no studies and there is no information to suggest these two things would be related. Laser hair removal targets colors, like hair follicles, and sweat glands have no color to them. Additionally, laser hair removal is superficially treating areas, and sweat glands are much deeper. Even though you had the laser hair removal done to your legs, I think it is mere (and unfortunate) coincidence that is where your Grover's disease is too.