Can Laser Hair Removal Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?

After 1 session of laser hair removal on my bikini line I have swollen lymph nodes in my throat and my groin. Have you ever heard of anyone having this as a side affect?

Lymph node swelling likely unrelated

+1

Thanks for you question. I have never seen lymph node reaction to laser hair removal in any location. I think that this is more likely to be an unrelated problem or illness. You may want to seek medical evaluation if the problem persists.

Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

LUMPS in NECK and GROIN after LASER

+1

Hello, thanks for your question.

It would be quite unusual for laser hair removal to cause your lymph nodes to swell, as the hair root is more superficial than the lymph nodes. However, if you are having an allergic reaction to the laser, this may cause some swelling in your lymph nodes. You also could have an unrelated condition causing the lymphadenopathy (swelling in lymph nodes) especially in your throat, like a cold. It should resolve shortly-I strongly suggest you contact your provider who performed the hair removal and let them know what is going on. 

Take care!

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon