Laser Hair Removal Burns

I got my 9th treatment of laser hair removal and in an hour or so got dark brown dots on my face from burn. everywhere the laser touched, it left a dark spot and some scratches on the neck. earlier treatments, my skin got red and bumpy but it went away in a day or 2. but never formed spots or got got dark and brown like this. The er doc said they were burns. I want to know if they will go away or leave marks. I am scared please help. putting a pic along.

LHR burns

+1

Did you have any recent sun exposure prior to the treatment?  Even brief sun exposure can cause the skin to absorb much more energy from the laser.  As this is your ninth treatment, the settings were probably changed to go for only the spot areas that still had hair growth, and this could have contributed to the outcome.  I would definitely go back to the place that performed the treatment, or seek another professional opionion on what can be done to improve the healing from your latest treatment.

Laser hair removal

+1

Was your hair shaved prior to the laser treatment? If not, the hair that might have been longer than prior sessions of laser hair removal, might have absorbed the laser energy and created more reaction on the surface of the skin then below the skin. You may not have any permanent problems, but you should see your doctor who treated you and get an evaluation in person. Sometimes a topical antibiotic cream or ointment is prescribed, discussion not to pick at the scabs or let them dry out, and to use a sunblock when the scabs are gone, and not to expose yourself to bright sun, are all possible treatments that your doctor might discuss.