Laser Hair Removal Burn with Blister & Scarring- What Can I Do?

I got laser hair removal done in my underarms two days ago. While one of the armpit recorded quickly the other one developed puffiness and redness followed by burn scars and large blisters within hours of treatment. Upon calling my dermatologist he advised me to use methyl prednisolone cream on burnt area. Although the blister has reduced in size over night but my skin seems badly burnt n scarred n I'm worried since my wedding is due in a month. Plz advice me a suitable treatment ASAP!!

Treatment of burns from laser hair removal

+1

My recommendations for the treatment of burns from laser hair removal are as follows:
1. Keep the areas clean by washing with a mild soap twice daily.
2. If there is blistering, relieve the pressure and hasten healing time by gently popping all blisters using a sterile needle or pin at the side of the blister. This should be a painless procedure. Do not remove the roof of the blister but allow it to settle down so it is flush with the skin. The blister roof will then form a protective cover.
3. Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment (available without a prescription) to all involved areas to keep them "greasy". The greasier the area is, the faster it will heal. The drier and scabbier the area gets, the slower it will heal.
4. Permanent scarring is unlikely but you have to guard against post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by constant protection from the sun for these areas such as using protective clothing and sunscreens.
5. Make certain you are under a doctor's care and watch for signs of infection so that oral antibiotics can be started as soon as possible if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon